As VW fanatics ourselves, we get it
We understand the pride you take in your VW - keeping it in top performance shape, adding custom upgrades, and maintaining that smooth, powerful ride.
We offer a full line of standard and performance auto services and maintenance for VWs in Atlanta, including performance upgrades and custom Volkswagen services.
Experience the best VW services in Atlanta and the car community you always wanted!
Volkswagen Services, Repairs, & Upgrades We Offer
“I brought my 2017 VW Golf in for a simple alignment and the team did a great job. I really like the space they are in and the process they use for customer relationship management including text messages of your car’s status. I also appreciate the social events the team puts on.”
Why have Autohaus Social
Service Your VW?
Having a Smooth Ride is Easy
Request An Appointment
Tell us about your VW and the work that needs to be done.
Bring In Your VW
Drop off your car on the day and time it is scheduled.
We Do The Work
Our portal allows you to follow the technician’s work on your VW in real-time.
Love Your Ride!
Have peace of mind knowing your VW is operating the way it should.
Say Goodbye To...
in the direct injection fuel system
Check engine lights
and suspension issues
Say Hello To...
A Smoother Ride
A longer-lasting car
before they cause damage
Fewer system errors
A powerful engine
for years to come
Questions on the VW Services We Provide?
Read our FAQ’s below!
Many manufacturers have increased the oil change intervals in recent years, but for long-term care of your car we suggest performing a VW oil change at the following intervals:
- For VWs under 70,000 miles, change the oil every 7500 miles.
- For VWs over 70,000 miles, change the oil every 5000 miles.
- For performance VW models, we suggest an oil change every 5000 miles regardless of the mileage due to the rigorous demands of a performance engine.
There are two specifications that you need to consider when buying or adding oil to your VW: The weight of the oil and the specific Add Pack.
- Oil weight: This maintains the proper crankcase pressure, and needs to be correct for the car (such as a 5w40 or 5w30 synthetic oil).
- Add Pack: This is the designated amount of chemicals in the oil to improve the oil's and engine's long-term performance. Add packs can include corrosion inhibitors, detergent additives, anti-oxidation additives, etc. The Add Pack designation should be clearly marked on the oil container and bottle.
- For proper maintenance, never use old oil in your Volkswagon!
Most vehicles have the minimum octane rating on the gas cap or on a decal inside the fuel door.
However, for any European vehicle, it is advised to use higher octanes or premium fuel (91 or 93).
Using a higher or premium octane burns cleaner and more efficient. While this costs a little more at the pump, it is well worth the added cost to maintain your VW's long-term performance.
Yes, it does. Along with the higher octane fuel needed to help maintain a Volkswagon's performance, it is also important to purchase good fuel.
Here are several best practices for buying gas:
- Buy fuel from a busier station. The longer fuel sits in the underground tank, the more debris is likely to build up in the fuel and compromise the fuel's chemical makeup.
- Purchase only "top tier" fuel. Stations with top tier gasoline will usually have a decal at the gas pump, or you can search online.
- Do your research before buying from retail giants with fuel stations (Walmart, Kroger, etc.). These stores vary in the quality of their fuel, so make sure they have quality fuel before purchasing from their locations.
No! Under the "Right To Repair Act," it is illegal for a dealer or manufacturer to require that service be performed at the dealer unless it is a safety recall.
In terms of basic VW service and maintenance, as long as the required fluids and procedures are followed, an independent VW service center can service your VW without the risk of causing warranty issues.
All fluids and parts eventually break down over time and prolonged use. Many large problems can be avoided by keeping a proper maintenance schedule.
It's actually pretty simple - the better you take care of your VW, the longer it lasts!
Here is what we recommend at Autohaus Social for regular Volkswagon service:
- Oil changes every 5000-7500 miles.
- Brake fluid changed every 3 years or 30,000 miles.
- Coolant exchange or flush every 40,000 miles.
- Tires rotated at every service.
If you are unsure what the best service plan is for your VW, check your owner's manual or give us a call. As your local VW service center in Atlanta, we would love to help you!
You probably can continue driving, but you probably shouldn't.
The "Check Engine" light is a warning about one out of thousands of potential issues in your VW. Even if the issue is minor, the longer you drive with the issue the more it has potential to become a bigger problem.
If the issue is physical, then you need to service your Volkswagon immediately.
If the "Check Engine" light flashes, then shut off your VW and have it towed.
In newer vehicles, if the issue is critical, they will sometimes go into a "limp mode." This restricts the VW's driveability, shuts off nonessential systems (such as air conditioning or the traction control system), and often puts a cap on the speed you can drive.
Your Local Atlanta VW Service Center
We know you want to keep your Volkswagen running at top performance.
It doesn't matter the model or age, you want your VW to run smoothly and be a car you can be proud of!
We are your local service center for VW cars. We offer a full line of skilled service - from basic engine maintenance to performance upgrades.
Our mission is simple: We take pride in our skills and our passion for both cars and community, and we strive to provide an environment where VW service, performance, and lifestyle come together.
By using the latest technology, the best parts, and skilled technicians, we make your VW something that you will love driving for years to come!
Visit us today at Autohaus Social - your local auto repair shop in Atlanta!